EMDR Institute Regional Basic Training
Weekend One: March 7-9 (Thursday – Saturday)
Weekend Two: May 3-5 (Friday – Sunday)
Hosted by The Refuge, A Healing Place
14835 SE 85th Street Ocklawaha, FL 32179
Reg Morrow Robinson, Ed.S., LMFT, LMHC, EMDR Institute Trainer, EMDR Institute Regional Trainer
Claire Mauer, M.A., NCC, LMHC, EMDR Institute Regional Trainer
Approved for 40 CEs
An Intensive, Transformational Training!
EMDR Therapy is a powerful, evidence-based treatment for children, teens, and adults. More than 30 positive controlled research studies support the benefits of EMDR Therapy for treatment of depression, trauma, and more. EMDR Therapy can dramatically reduce or eliminate disturbing symptoms, distressing emotions, and unwanted behaviors while fostering positive new perspectives and increased resilience.
As EMDR Institute Regional Trainers, we deliver Dr. Francine Shapiro and the EMDR Institute’s fully accredited, research-validated training manual and materials in a personalized environment at an affordable price. This course meets EMDRIA requirements and includes all lecture, practicum, and consultation needed to achieve a full Basic Course Completion.
Throughout our Basic Training, we emphasize appropriate client selection, preparation, and stabilization for diverse levels of client complexity and clinical expertise. With ongoing Consultation built right into the training package, you will get the guidance you need to start using these new skills safely and effectively right away.
Full Training Package Includes:
- 20 Hours Lecture
- 20 Hours Small Group Practicum
- 10 Hours Consultation
Who is Eligible to Attend?
EMDRIA Sets the Standards for Attendance
- Licensed Clinicians
- Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Psychiatric ARNPs
- Graduate Students in Internship with Active Caseloads
- Two, Three-Day Training Weekends
- Eligible for 40 CEs.
- Supervised small group practice on each training day.
- The Full Course (20 hrs didactic, 20 hrs practicum, and 10 hrs consultation) included in fee.
- EMDRIA-Approved Basic Training setting the stage for EMDRIA Certification
- Physiological overview of the information processing system.
- Specialized history taking to identify dysfunctional patterns and their causes.
- Treatment planning to address past events, current triggers and future needs.
- Stabilization techniques across the attachment spectrum.
- Reduction of overt symptoms to achieve comprehensive mental health.
- Address the full range of trauma and other disturbing life events.
- Applications to combat trauma and first responders.
- Applications to addictions, grief, anxiety, depression, and somatic disorders.
- Applications to natural and man-made disasters.
- Applications to family and couples therapy.
Part 1 Learning Objectives
- Identify 3 components of the EMDR Approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients
- Describe 3 important existing research studies
- Name the 8 phases of EMDR therapy for comprehensive treatment and how to implement the phases with clients
- Identify the parameters treatable with EMDR therapy to safely and effectively implement EMDR therapy with clients
- Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- List 6 types of client complaints treatable with EMDR therapy
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
Part 2 Learning Objectives
- Describe 3 strategies to identify and effectively resolve problem areas in the utilization of EMDR therapy
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
- Describe 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment
- Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
- Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
- Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
What People Are Saying
– “This has been incredible and life-changing personally and professionally. You are both brilliant, engaging, empathetic, and awesome. Thank you!”
– “Thank you for sharing this wealth of information so passionately and for your kind attitudes. Your spark, smile, and wisdom are an awesome combination. I feel excited about getting to apply what I have learned.”
– I will absolutely be recommending EMDR Basic Training with Connect!”
Payment Plans Available at Checkout…Register Early to and save on registration or choose the Two-Payment Plan
$1,150.00 – Early Registration Non-Profit Clinicians (register before January 31st)
$1,225.00 – Early Registration For-Profit Clinicians (register before January 31st)
$1,350.00 – Non-Profit Clinicians after January 31st
$1,425.00 – For-Profit Clinicians afterJanuary 31st
$30.00 optional CEs (20 CEs per completed weekend; total of 40 CEs for completed course)
*Non-Profit Clinicians are those working 20+ hours a week in a non-profit setting or graduate students in their final internship/practicum with active clinical cases.
**Groups of 4 or more receive a 10% discount.
***EMDR therapists who have previously completed a training offered by an EMDRIA accredited provider may retake the course at half-price. This does not include the 10 hours of consultation.
About The Presenters
Reg Morrow Robinson and Claire Mauer are known for their clear and dynamic training style…providing a supportive and stimulating environment for learning and practicing new skills. In addition to maintaining an active private practice, Reg is an EMDRIA Approved Consultant, EMDR Institute Training Facilitator, and EMDR Institute Regional Trainers.
Steps to Registration and Preparation for the Training
- Read and electronically sign the Participant Agreement to best understand the training experience. This document also indicates you give consent to participate in the exercises and understand the material you will be exposed too. The Participant Agreement Form will outline the training experience and assist the participant in preparing themselves for the training.
- Graduate Students and Registered Interns are required to have their supervisor complete the Supervisor Agreement, and email to Reg@ConnectEMDR.com You will be redirected to a page containing important forms including The Supervisor Agreement immediately after submitting your registration and payment. Mastering EMDR Therapy requires practice. The opportunity to immediately immerse yourself in practicing EMDR helps build mastery. Without practice, mastery can not be achieved. Supervisors are informed of the intern’s intention to become EMDR Therapy trained and hoping to implement EMDR Therapy into their clinical practice with clients.
- Purchase and read a copy of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures, 3rd edition.
- Ensure your schedule will allow you to fully participate fully each day.
- Wear comfortable business attire and bring layers, as meeting room temperatures vary.
- Due to chemical sensitivites, you are encouraged to refrain from wearing fragrance.
- Feel free to bring your own lunch. Water, coffee, and light snacks will be provided.
EMDR Therapy Basic Course Completion Certificate*
- The EMDR Therapy Basic Course Completion requires that the training participant attend all six days in full, participate in the lecture and practicum activities and the 10 hours of consultation. Without doing each of these steps, a course completion can not be granted.
- Your total fee is for all parts (lecture, practicum and consultation).
- Confirmed attendance for the 10 hours of consultation (including homework and evaluations).
*EMDR Therapy Basic Course Completion and EMDRIA Certified Therapist are different levels of mastery. To learn more about the requirements for becoming EMDRIA certified, please go to www.EMDRIA.org.
Florida 491 CE
- 40 CEs will be issued for the training and are included in the cost of the training.
- Credit hours will not be provided to participants that cancel, or partially attend.
- Fees are refundable until 2 weeks before the beginning of the training. After that, no refunds will be given.
- Refunds will be returned within one week of the request, minus a credit card processing fee. This fee is based on the amount initially charged.
American Disabilities Act: ADA. This facility is in compliance.
Connect EMDR Training & Consulting 606 Shorewood Drive, Unit 408 Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
Continuing Education credit for this program is provided by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Psychologists completing this program will receive 6.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LPCs/LMHCs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content. LPCs/LMHCs completing this program will receive 6.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Social Workers. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for Social Workers. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Social Workers completing this program will receive 6.0 clinical hours of clinical continuing education credit.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LMFTs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content. LMFTs completing this program will receive 6.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Connect CE/U provider Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to make every attempt to resolve grievances in a fair manner. Please submit a written grievance to CES, 1020 Osterville West Barnstable Rd, Marstons Mills, MA 02648. Grievances will initially be directed to the training instructor. Grievances would receive, to the best of our ability, corrective action in order to prevent further problems. If you have questions or concerns, contact Commonwealth Educational Seminars at (800) 376-3345.
Connect EMDR’s training facilities are handicap accessible. Individuals needing special accommodations, please contact: Claire Mauer (321) 765-3961.
The Refuge is a gender inclusive, residential treatment center for adults ages eighteen and above who struggle with Trauma, PTSD, substance use disorder, eating disorders, depression, anxiety, self-harm and other maladaptive coping mechanisms. The program consists of medical detoxification, residential treatment and PHP with housing to support clients as they move through their treatment journey. Our therapist utilize a combination of evidence-based therapies in conjunction with experiential modalities and body-based approaches to help our clients achieve lasting recovery by addressing the underlying trauma that has kept them stuck in unhealthy patterns throughout their life. Our program is deeply rooted in the belief that if you “Unravel the Trauma Story you will better Understand the addiction/mental health story and be able to help clients Create a lasting recovery story.”