Back to Basics EMDR Therapy Refresher Course
Saturday, January 19, 2019; 8:00am – 4:00pm
Surfside Community Fellowship: 1720 Cox Road, Cocoa FL 32926
Thanks to our Sponsor: The Brevard EMDR Study Group, led by Suna Clinchard, Jackie Flynn, and Sandra Stanford www.facebook.com/groups/brevardemdrstudygroup/
Presented by: Claire Mauer, MA, LMHC, NCC
Approved for 6 EMDRIA Credits: EC Program Approval Number: #17019-12
Approved for 6.0 CEs (see below for details)
About This Course
This day-long course will clear the cobwebs, increase your fidelity to the model, and bring you up to date on recent changes in The EMDR Institute manual. The presenters will use lecture, live demonstration, and guided practicum to enhance your understanding of Adaptive Information Processing Theory, the 8 Phases, and the 3 Prongs of the Standard Protocol.
Four reasons to invest in the Back to Basics EMDR Refresher Course
- You took the training years ago and are unaware of changes to the manual
- You had inadequate opportunities to practice and have gotten “rusty”
- You developed a “creative” approach and strayed from the Standard Protocol
- You are an overachiever and want confirmation that you are doing everything perfectly!
Participants Will Learn To:
- Demonstrate Case Conceptualization skills by understanding the continuum of trauma from Acute Stress Disorder to Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Assess whether a client needs symptom reduction focused on a specific presenting concern or comprehensive treatment that targets multiple maladaptive themes.
- Prepare for key choice points in history taking and treatment planning, including when to use the Affect Scan and how to organize information around different types of symptom clusters.
- Describe the three Negative Cognition Categories and how to generate appropriate Negative and Positive Cognitions in the Assessment Phase.
- Identify when and how to offer effective Cognitive Interweaves.
- Select appropriate opportunities for the use EMD: a form of contained processing used to desensitize intrusive traumatic content and quickly improve functioning without overwhelming the client.
This fast-paced, interactive workshop should give you the confidence and skill to offer your EMDR Therapy clients more efficient, effective treatment.
Prerequisite: Participants must have completed EMDR Basic Training with an EMDRIA-approved training provider.
What People Are Saying
-“Great review of old material and sharing of new info. I’m refreshed and ready to work with clients!”
– “Presenter was polished! Excellent slides, video and material. This was exactly what I was looking for.”
– “Excellent presentation. Engaging. Relevant. Clear.”
-“It was helpful to get a comprehensive, big picture of the process after having a few years of experience practicing EMDR.”
– “Great job!! Your personal style and attunement with the participants made it easy to absorb the vast amount of material.”
– “Claire is a very knowledgeable, energetic, enthusiastic, and experienced clinician.”
-“Don’t change anything! This was great! I found the Refresher course very worthwhile.”
-“Your energy and sense of humor made it a pleasure. Excellent re-orientation to the entire process of EMDR.”
-“Loved her presentation style! Very clear instructions for the Standard Protocol, very knowledgable about the material. I learned a lot!”
$120.00 on or before 12/07/18
$145.00 after 12/07/2018
CEs available for additional $10
About The Presenter
Claire Mauer is known for her clear and dynamic training style…providing a supportive and stimulating environment for learning and practicing new skills. In addition to maintaining a private practice, Claire is an EMDR Institute Regional Trainer and a volunteer Trainer for the nonprofit Trauma Recovery/Humanitarian Assistance Programs. Claire is an EMDRIA Approved Consultant, and facilitates the Orlando-area no-fee EMDR Study Group.
8:00 am – 8:30 am Registration, coffee and housekeeping
8:30 am – 11:45 am Morning Session
11:45 am – 12:45 pm Lunch
12:30 pm – 4:00 pm – Afternoon Session
If you would like to bring an EMDR Basic or Advanced training to your community, contact Claire Mauer at:
Claire@ConnectEMDR.com or (407) 970-7915
Continuing Education credit for this program is approved by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Psychologists completing this program will receive 6.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LPCs/LMHCs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content. LPCs/LMHCs completing this program will receive 6.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Social Workers. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for Social Workers. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Social Workers completing this program will receive 6.0 clinical hours of clinical continuing education credit.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LMFTs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content. LMFTs completing this program will receive 6.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Grievances: Connect CE/U provider Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to make every attempt to resolve grievances in a fair manner. Please submit a written grievance to CES, 1020 Osterville West Barnstable Rd, Marstons Mills, MA 02648. Grievances will initially be directed to the training instructor. Grievances would receive, to the best of our ability, corrective action in order to prevent further problems. If you have questions or concerns, contact Commonwealth Educational Seminars at (800) 376-3345.
Accessibility: Connect EMDR’s training facilities are handicap accessible. Individuals needing special accommodations, please contact: Claire Mauer (321) 765-3961.