- This event has passed.
EMDR Therapy 5-Day Basic Training Intensive – Hosted by Aspire Health Partners
July 19 @ 8:00 AM - July 23 @ 5:00 PM$1150 – $1425
*Nonprofit Clinicians are those working 20 plus hours a week or graduate student in the final internship with active clinical cases.
*Groups of 4 or more receive a 10% discount. To receive the discount code, please have your group representative contact Reg@ConnectEMDR.com or Claire@ConnectEMDR.com Codes can be applied at checkout.
*EMDR therapists who have previously completed a training offered by an EMDRIA accredited provider may retake the course at half price. This does not include the 10 hours of consultation. Proof of completion of an EMDRIA approved program is required. Email a scanned copy of the EMDR Therapy Course Completion to Reg@ConnectEMDR.com at the time of registration.
This Training is Full. Click Here For Information about Our Upcoming Training in Lakeland, FL at Webster University
This is an intensive, transformational training!
As EMDR Institute Regional Trainers, we deliver Dr. Francine Shapiro and the EMDR Institute’s fully accredited, research-validated training manual and materials in a personalized environment at an affordable price. This course meets EMDRIA requirements and includes all lecture, practicum and consultation needed to achieve a full Basic Course Completion.
Throughout our Basic Training, we emphasize appropriate client selection, preparation, and stabilization for diverse levels of client complexity and clinical expertise. With ongoing Consultation built right in to the training package, you will get the guidance you need to start using these new skills safely and effectively right away.
Full Training Package Includes:
- 20 hours lecture
- 20 hours small group practicum
- 10 hours consultation
- 40 CEUs
Who is Eligible to Attend? EMDRIA Sets the Standards for Attendance. Click here to see complete details of eligibility.
- Licensed Clinicians
- Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Psychiatric ARNPs
- Graduate Students in Internship with Active Caseloads
Schedule for 5-Day Intensive Training
**Please Note that the Training is Thursday – Monday, July 19-23**
- Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
- The Course begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m .each day.
- Mornings include lecture, video demonstrations and experiential exercises.
- Lunch: 12-1 p.m., on your own.
- Afternoons consist of structured practice exercises.
Reg Morrow Robinson, Ed.S. and Claire Mauer M.A, LMHC, are known for their clear and dynamic training style…providing a supportive and stimulating environment for learning and practicing new skills.
- Supervised small group practice on each training day.
- The Full Course (20 hours of didactic, 20 hours of practicum and 10 hours of consultation) is included in your fee.
- EMDRIA approved Basic Training program setting the stage for EMDRIA certification (not all programs are EMDRIA approved)
- Physiological overview of the information processing system
- Specialized history taking to identify dysfunctional patterns and causes
- Treatment planning to address past events, current triggers and future needs
- Stabilization techniques across the attachment spectrum
- Reduction of overt symptoms and achieving comprehensive mental health
- Addressing the full range of trauma and other disturbing life events
- Applications to combat trauma and first responders
- Applications to addictions, grief, anxiety, depression and somatic disorders
- Applications to natural and man-made disaster
- Application to family and couples therapy
- Personal use for therapist to process vicarious traumatization
- Learning Objectives
- 10 hours of consultation is included in your full fee
Steps to Registration and Preparation for the Training
- Read and sign the Participant Agreement to best understand the training experience. This document also indicates you give consent to participate in the exercises and understand the material you will be exposed too. The Participant Agreement Form will outline the training experience and assist the participant in preparing themselves for the training. All participants must fill out and submit the digital Participant Agreement form after registering. You will be automatically directed to this form immediately after completing registration and payment.
- Graduate Students and Registered Interns are required to have their supervisor complete the Supervisor Agreement, and email to Reg@ConnectEMDR.com You will be redirected to a page containing important forms including The Supervisor Agreement immediately after submitting your registration and payment. Mastering EMDR Therapy requires practice. The opportunity to immediately immerse yourself in practicing EMDR helps build mastery. Without practice, mastery can not be achieved. Supervisors are informed of the intern’s intention to become EMDR Therapy trained and hoping to implement EMDR Therapy into their clinical practice with clients.
- Purchase a copy of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures, 3rd edition.
- Ensure your schedule will allow you to fully participate fully each day.
- Wear comfortable business attire and bring layers.
- Due to chemical sensitivites, you are encouraged to not wear fragrances.
- Feel free to bring your own lunch. Water, coffee, and snacks will be provided.
EMDR Therapy Basic Course Completion Certificate*
- The EMDR Therapy Basic Course Completion requires that the training participant attend all five days in full, participate in the lecture and practicum activities and the 10 hours of consultation. Without doing each of these steps, a course completion can not be granted.
- Your total fee is for all parts (lecture, practicum and consultation).
- Confirmed attendance for the 10 hours of consultation (including homework and evaluations).
*EMDR Therapy Basic Course Completion and EMDRIA Certified Therapist are different levels of mastery. To learn more about the requirements for becoming EMDRIA certified, please go to www.EMDRIA.org.
FL 491 CEUs
- 40 CEUS will be issued for the training and are included in the cost of the training and provided by Creative Therapy Connections #50-461 exp. 3/3/19.
- Credit hours will not be provided to participants that cancel, or partially attend.
- Fees are refundable until 2 weeks before the beginning of the training. After that, no refunds will be given.
- Refunds will be returned within one week of the request, minus a credit card processing fee. This fee is based on the amount initially charge.
American Disabilities Act: ADA. This facility is in compliance.
If you have questions about the training, please email or call Reg Morrow at Reg@ConnectEMDR.com or (321) 765-3961.
(photo credit Todd Cravens)