Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: An Evidence-Based Approach to Stress Reduction and Mindfulness
A gift for yourself. Explore a variety of meditation and mindful movement practices in this eight-week, experiential group program. MBSR could improve your ability to:
- Handle Stress
- Manage pain (physical and emotional)
- Develop and Maintain positive connections with self and others
8 Week MBSR Program Objectives Include:
- Learn foundational concepts and principles of mindfulness
- Understand stress-reactivity and its impact on mind & body
- Develop basic meditation skills
- Explore mindful movement practices
- Investigate helpful & unhelpful communication patterns
- Share experiences & insights through focused discussion
Please note that this is not an academic class. This program is for personal development and is open to the public.
- MBSR has been successfully introduced to a huge range of populations with diverse issues and needs, including those dealing with:
- High-stress occupations
- Medical conditions, including chronic pain*
- Mental Health & Medical Professionals
- Therapy clients/patients seeking emotional regulation skills and greater connection with their bodies*
What to Expect:
Since 1995, a growing body of research has shown that Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction can increase positive behavioral and physical health outcomes and improve participants’ ability to regulate emotions and attention.
Connect is proud to offer the traditional, evidence-based MBSR experiential class that has helped many thousands of participants around the world to feel and function better. The course meets in a virtual format through Zoom.
The instructor, Claire Mauer, has completed rigorous MBSR teacher training through the Brown University Mindfulness Center and is credentialed to provide the original, evidence-based course created by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
Together, we’ll explore some of the habits and perceptions that increase the impact of stress in our lives, while also learning simple practices that have been shown to contribute to more positive connections with the body and reductions in physical and emotional distress.
*Claire’s MBSR classes are trauma-sensitive and offer modifications for common physical and emotional needs. However, even with a trauma sensitive approach, the practices might not be appropriate those experiencing major depression, suicidality, significant dissociation, or psychosis. These classes are instructional/experiential in nature and do not constitute psychotherapy.
What Do I Need to Proceed?
No special space or fancy equipment is required — just a good internet connection on a desktop, laptop, or tablet, and a relatively quiet, private space (even a small space is fine).
For full course details, schedule, and more information about the instructor, choose a training (below) and click “see more.”