Please join us for an exciting opportunity to learn and practice Mindfulness skills with EMDR trainer, trauma therapist and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Instructor Claire Mauer.
Mindfulness is a fast-developing area in the field of mental health and has applications across many therapeutic modalities such as EMDR, DBT and CBT. Mindfulness is a state of intentional awareness that allows us to be more fully present in the moment without judgement or striving. Mindfulness practice can “rewire” our automatic reactions — empowering us to respond in a healthier way to challenging situations, thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations. It also allows us to notice and appreciate what is good in ourselves, others, and life itself.
By teaching your clients these skills, you will help them build resiliency and better manage their responses to distressing situations and chronic conditions. The clinical value of mindfulness techniques has been demonstrated for psychological difficulties, including anxiety, depression, chronic pain and other medical conditions, substance abuse, insomnia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Mindfulness can also enhance the emotional well-being of clinicians and help us avoid burnout!
What to Expect:
This workshop will keep you engaged in learning through a combination of lecture and experiential mindfulness activities. We will:
- Review some of the history and research related to clinical applications of mindfulness
- Situate mindfulness interventions within the context of the Preparation Phase of EMDR and other trauma-therapy models.
- Explore a variety of mindfulness-based intervention through guided practice.
- Develop tools to help clients improve attentional control – the ability to shift attention and focus.
- Learn trauma-sensitive ways to help clients cultivate nonjudgmental perspectives on emotions, thoughts and physical sensations.
- Discover how to create an increase in your clients’ ability to live in the present.
- Provide solutions to common obstacles experienced in applying mindfulness.
Approved for 4 CEs through CE-Classes