Adult clients with a history of chronic or prolonged childhood abuse and/or neglect present significant challenges in treatment, particularly in utilizing the standard EMDR protocol. The training includes both practice and discussion.
Approved for 12 EMDRIA Credits
Approved for 12 CEs through CE-Classes.com
- Identify five characteristic symptoms of dissociation.
- Describe the role of attachment injury and chronic abuse and/or neglect in creating and maintaining dissociative processes and individuated self-states.
- Compare the three phases of complex trauma treatment to the three prongs and eight phases of EMDR therapy.
- List three emotional regulation methods for use in EMDR phase 2 with dissociative clients and strategies for interacting with self-states.
- Identify three characteristic phobias which maintain dissociative processes.
- Utilize several techniques for titrating EMDR phase 4 processing with dissociative clients.
Participants will have completed an EMDRIA approved basic training in EMDR Therapy (Part I & II). Connect EMDR offers EMDR Basic Training Packages.